Health & Environmental Reporting

The Environmental Health Project (EHP) is dedicated to providing resources to individuals and communities so that they know where to turn for help in the event of an environmental emergency or potential violation. EHP provides this information as a public resource and is not responsible for the responses from these contacts. Learn more about reporting emergencies and violations on the EPA website.

Contacts for Emergency Situations

  • For an emergency requiring immediate local police, fire, or emergency medical services, always call 911 first

  • To report a hazardous substance release or oil spill, contact the federal government’s National Response Center (NRC). NRC reports are shared with EPA, U.S Coast Guard, and other federal and state response agencies as appropriate: 1-800-424-8802 or email

Contacts for Non-Emergency Complaints or Tips

Report what you see! If you are concerned about an event or a potential hazard affecting air quality, water quality, or public health in your area, report your observations to EHP and federal and/or state agencies. 

  • PA Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) Environmental Complaint Line (PA only): 1-888-723-3721 or online. (To find your state environmental or health agency, click here.)

  • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Environmental Violations form online.

Health & Environmental Reporting Forms

EHP's Concerning Event Reporting Form

Did you experience a concerning event, possibly related to nearby oil and gas activity? Use this form to report your experience.

EHP's Health Impact Assessment (HIA)

The HIA is designed to combine data about communities, expected emissions from shale gas activity, and potential health risks.