Many densely-populated communities are vulnerable to the impacts of fracking and drilling operations. During Food and Water Watch-PA's 2-part webinar series, June 20 from 9:30am-12pm and June 22 from 6:30-9pm, they'll discuss the health impacts of fracking, and how you can protect your communities from the adverse impacts of fracking through protective and legally-standing zoning.
Be sure to stay tuned for the live Q&A at the end of each webinar.
List of speakers and panelists include:
- Denny Puko, Principal, Denny Puko Planning Consultant
- Nicholas Mackereth, Local Government Planning Policy Specialist, PA Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Joseph Horowitz, Esq., Commissioner, South Fayette Twp
- David Vento,Council Member, Plum Borough
- Nicole Ruscitto, Council Member, Jefferson Hills Borough
- Patricia DeMarco, PhD, Council Member, Forest Hills Borough Council/ Scientist, Educator, Chatham University
- John Smith, Esq., Smith Butz Law
- John C. Dernbach, JD, Widener University, Commonwealth Law School
- Edward (Ned) Ketyer, MD, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Environmental Health Project
- Sarah Rankin, MPH, BSN, OCN, Public Health Nurse, Environmental Health Project
- Laura Dagley, BSN, Medical Advocacy Coordinator, Physicians for Social Responsibility
RSVP to join: https://fwwat.ch/FrackingZoningWebinar